We – PaderMUN – are a diverse group of students, across all fields of studies. Nonetheless, we share at least one interest – we want to move something. We want to get involved – not only in university contexts, but globally. We plan conferences that simulate those of the United Nations and also organize delegations that participate in other conferences. Every year’s highlight is certainly the National Model United Nations in New York, which is an enchanting and very often life-changing experience. But also smaller MUNs are always an amazing experience and they tend to get better and better, the more often you participate and improve your skills not only in a political but also personal way.
On top of that we also try to act locally and provide help as far as we can. For example we sent boxes with presents to children who probably won’t get gifts for christmas otherwise (Weihnachten im Schuhkarton) and are now planning on helping the Refugees in and around Paderborn by donating books for their German lessons and things they need for a living.
What we provide:
– Getting to know a multicultural group of students, who work and discuss for the same aims
– The possibility to move something, not only within the group itself but also at the University of Paderborn
– Improving your skills, concerning the understanding of political working mechanisms and speaking English but also your soft skills
– The opportunity of participating in fascinating MUNs and thus learning a lot about the United Nations and the way politics work
– …and of course a lot of fun at parties and all kinds of social events
What you should bring:
– Your own opinion, and the will to get involved
– Interest in international politics and in extending your knowledge and debating skills